Saturday, September 23, 2006

Reminiscing part - 4 - coll life

Its been a long time since i blogged about my nostalgic times. After 8 months im continuing this reminiscing part. Lets walk down the memory lane some 1.5 years back. I was in my sixth semester and our dreary morning session started. It was my Economics & financial accounting class and our lectureer kept droning on something about demand and supply, the law of supply. I instantly fell asleep. Suddenly she called out my name to ask a question. My friend woke me up and i managed to stand up. Then she questioned me something in demand and supply. I had no clue what she was talking about. I just stared at her. She asked me to refer my notes and answer. Long gone are the days i used to take notes in class. At that time took notes in scraps of paper available all individual sheets of varying sizes. I glanced through whatever i had tried scribbling on it. Nothing made sense. She came to my table and was shocked to see my notes. She told me "if you give this to my son he'll use this for making paper rockets". That was supposed to be an insult. I was about to say even ill be doing that once you walk out of the class but just then i was reminded of etiquette manners in a class.

She then tried to intimidate me by saying that this subject is a very very tough one. Its very difficult to score in this paper and that i will not even scrape through this subject. She gave me few statistics that even the top scorer had failed in this subject the previous year. I felt happy and contended hearing all her praise. But nothing can boost or dissuade my confidence. I was unshaken. I as usual prepared at the last minute and all her words flooded back in my memory on the eve of my exam. I felt whatever she said was true and im never gonna scrape through this subject. But little did she knew that i scored a very decent score. I got around 84% which shocked me as well. Sometimes our marks are always inversely proportional to the subject knowledge especially it hold true for engineerring subjects. But in this case i did have some knowledge..

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Balachandran C said...

haha ! Did something happenned to remind you of your boring lectures in college, eh ??

3:31 PM  
Blogger Hell's Angel said...

Bala -> yes..i hpnd 2 hear a boring lecture few days back n i slept off..& was suddenly reminded of coll..so blogged.. my teacher isn't good wat 2 do..:-(

4:22 PM  
Blogger Tealâ„¢ said...

is it the same lady we saw b4 our grand S.O.K Extravaganza? ;-)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Kk said...

Ha ! Wat's college life without being popular ., among both staff n student alike. N wat's more fun that showing off good marks to the teacher who didnt expect that 4m u !

12:33 AM  
Blogger Karthik Srinivasan said...

College lecture-la thoonginaalum maatikaama thoonganum.. maatindaalum thappika theriyanum... Adhukellam enna maadhiri irukkanum :-D

12:36 PM  
Blogger Durga said...

Hi.. have heard abt ur eceonomics class from aparna. Anyway i have started blogging finally.. before aparna :P :D . i hav linked you..

8:07 PM  
Blogger Hell's Angel said...

Teal -> yes the same lady!!!;-)

KK -> ya tht period was total fun!!

KSR -> ungala madiri ellarom irundhuda mudiyuma..;-)

Durga -> hey thanks!!

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly i feel,
the marks u score is directly proprotional to ur presentation skill and ur handwriting.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Hell's Angel said...

Nirmal -> i do agree my handwriting is quite legible..but if thts gonna fetch me mark i shud be able to score well in other subj too..

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home