Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Reminiscing - part - 2 - Accident

Let me flip through several pages and take you to the year 2001. The WTC was brought down the same year(sep 11). It was 11th october,i went to my friend's place and was coming back home in my bike. There is this preconceived notion that when cats (that too black cats) are a sign of bad luck when it crosses the road. I never beleived in all those.Unfortunately that day a black cat suddenly crossed the road. I was coming at full speed and had to apply brakes suddenly. But the timing dint work out and i almost ran over the cat but it escaped and i came skidding and fell off the bike. Luckily the bike fell on the right side and i fell on the left side. The petrol tank opened up and the petrol started flowing out. Had the friction and the heat developed a spark, it would have been a disastrous day for me.I just went numb with slight dizziness. I dint know what was happening around. A few people helped to get me on my bike. Somehow reached home(still dounno how) and was lying on my bed not knowing that i got a fracture. When i tried to get up,the pain was excruciating which made me realise that something was wrong. I rang my parents and they took me to a nearby hospital. The doctor told me that i had broken(actually a crack) my left clavicle. I was in my 12th std,a crucial year to decide my future. I dint attend my school nor my tutions for a week. But somehow managed to attend my school and tution with the my fractured hand later. I was in sling for a month. It was very difficult to move my hands after removing the sling. It took more than a month for me to recuperate after which i started riding my bike again(If it had happened during my college days i wouldn't have bothered ;)!!!) Still my shoulder has not healed properly.

6 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

Reminiscing can often be very enjoyable (though probably not is this case).. Hope your shoulder heals fully soon.. :-)

I hope you still don't believe in black cats though.. :p

2:45 AM  
Blogger Cogito said...

L-board ellam vandi ootinna ippadi thaan ..

6:12 PM  
Blogger Hell's Angel said...

leon -> no i dont beleive in that.. but unfortunately my shoulders wont heal fully!!
cogito -> when i have a permanent license im not supposed 2 drive with a L-board

6:24 PM  
Blogger Teal™ said...

ya da,
I remember how hard it was 4 u.
Glad that time is over.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Hell's Angel said...

teal -> yeah..one of my really bad time.. but i enjoyed the special attention i got..;)

10:14 AM  
Blogger தி. ரா. ச.(T.R.C.) said...

though i found u r a crack in85 but Dr. confirmed only in 2001

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home